Friday 13 February 2009

Conflict of interests

While skimming through Angels last night I came across a posting from Bea about a trip out for a cup of coffee.She gave a full description of what she was wearing even down to the colour of her bra and knickers.
Now,I could not even tell,if asked,what colour underwear I was wearing half the time.When I have been out of the house recently it has been thermal underwear.Not exactly glamorous,but practical and warm.
I am not full of angst about my gender as have more things to worry about as a carer.
I do my best to help out T/S friends but sometimes wonder if I am in the right place to offer advice.
Could just be old age setting in.
When I look at postings on Angels the Wogam expression"Is it me?"comes to mind.
Well is it?

1 comment:

* said...

Hmm, this touches on something I have mentioned, albeit obliquely, elsewhere. I've thought about some of these (similar) posts on the forum and wondered of the mentality behind the words. Sometimes I think people can get off on sharing intimate details with others - that thought makes me feel uncomfortable. Why do they do it? What has the colour of my knickers got to do with the entire population of the world.

More power to you Jules; I think you are very comfortable seeing you as you, as you are, just getting on with your life as you.