Monday 23 February 2009

Therapist

Visit to my therapist today.
It has been two weeks since my last visit but in a way that has been a good thing as I have had to work out major lifestyle strategies without backup.
She agreed that I am worrying less every visit about what others think of me and am becoming more adaptable with regard to looking after myself.
For example in my quest to help others it was my aim to become a counsellor/therapist.I have now realised that I have more than enough problems looking after myself and Geraldine to take on any more.I still love to help but it must be a two way thing,all gving and no taking can make the well run dry.
Loads more was said but when I suggested that I must face things head on and thought that fortnightly rather than weekly visits would be better she said it was a move forward.
Life will be tough in the future but nothing ventured nothing gained and I never had things easy

1 comment:

Debbie K said...

Dear Julia
You are one in a million.
In fact totally unique.
You have the most amazing spirit & determination.
Keep well, Healthy & happy.
Love
Debbie