Wednesday 25 February 2009

Done it !!!!!!

Re my blog yesterday I went to the new course today.
There were six of us there plus the tutor,who I knew from the last course.
The introductions came first of course,you know the style creeping death.Usually I launch myself in first to get it over with but this time I bided my time.
Then came me"I'm Julia.I'm a long term carer for my partner"None of this "Oh and by the way I am transsexual.I hope nobody minds".
Now I haven't the faintest idea if anybody guessed or not and to be perfectly honest don't bloody well care.I was treated as the dippy blonde that I am and thats just fine with me.
In fact when I mentioned that I have this desire to keep changing my hair colour myself and another two girls thought it was a fun idea to use one of those temporary red hair sprays for red nose week.
It was easy with friends and family,easy with complete strangers but when I think I will be myself with a group of people divulging our innermost secrets for the next fifteen weeks I regard it as a major step forward

2 comments:

* said...

well, I left a comment on this last night but it's not appearing. I wonder if this will fly into the ether too?

Debbie K said...

Well done Julie
Keep believing in yourself.
Good for you.

Love
Debbie