Sunday 8 February 2009

Old

Was watching a programme the other night in the Folk America series and this one was of special interest to me as it covered music from the sixties.At that age I was the rebel,Che was my hero and only a few people had ever heard of Bob Dylan let alone seen him.We were the protestors and we were different and not afraid to show it.
Nostalgia reigned during that programme but when the interviews were being shown shock followed by realisation kicked in.
God,everybody was so OLD.Still fighting for the cause,still different but like me old.
I am now in my sixties,racked with arthritis and won't see 70.
Perhaps it is time to stop fighting for the cause and make the most of what time I have left.
If I don't look like what I am some of the time then who the hell cares.
I have had one hell of a life and am there for anybody who needs me but have no need to chase causes or people any more.

1 comment:

* said...

Heyyyyyy Jules, So glad you got 'back on the horse' - ahem, so to speak. Mrs Loris and I both remember back to the seventies when people felt empowered to protest, to make their mark and say their piece. You wouldn't know it to look at her now but my wife was of quite stroppy disposition as a teenager and into her twenties - she had a court injuction taken out against her and a group of other protesters after they occupied the vice chancellors office at Birmingham Poly. What were they protesting about? No idea but they exercised their right to be heard. Kids today....puh....no idea.

Yep, we are all there on the same age advancement program and it hit me full square today. I went to the dentist today to discuss taking my teeth apart and giving me a new, nice, feminine smile. Why so said the YOUNG GIRL of a dentist - so I told her. I swear she was no more than 11 years old this new dentist of mine, honest.

Stopping the fight - I can't see that. You are a feisty so-and-so and love you for it. Mind you, you are more than entitled to sit and relax a while, to enjoy what's coming......after the news I heard of you today....

with a great deal of affection
Loris xxx