Friday 6 February 2009

Respite

Katy Sparkes came round today for my couple of hours of respite care but Geraldine had made it quite clear that she didn't want to go out.She has been looking at the weather for a couple of days almost praying for snow.
So Katy did a home visit which meant no respite for yet another week.She also brought the bad news that there is yet another hold up in the paperwork for Hospital Road as we have not got a care co-ordinator.I am starting to think it will never happen.
Katy pointed out that I am naturally female,which I know that I am,but I no longer feel feminine.Geraldine has now given up on everything and is getting more and more demanding on my time.As a result I never get the time or opportunity to "glam up"any more after all when the only time you go out is to go shopping it's just not worth it.
Hoping that if and when my new course starts it will give me the chance to feel a bit feminine again.
What I really need is a day out but having lost most of my friends and the few I have left being to busy seems like it's not going to happen.
As a postscript after not wanting to go out with Katy Geraldine asked if we can go out tomorrow!Feel like we are joined at the hip

1 comment:

Debbie K said...

Dear Julia
You are an Angel.
I hope you get some suitable respite care soon.
You bring me sunshine on my cloudiest days.
Love
Debbie