Sunday 8 March 2009

Am I in the right place?

Got my knuckles rapped yet again by a T/S girl today as it seems that I wasn't treating the whole matter of transgender seriously enough.
Now I know that GD can be an upsetting business, God knows I have been down in the dumps about it enough times but is it compulsary to wear a hair shirt and practice self flagelation all the time.
I have had to use humour to get me through life,mostly against myself.When you have been sexually abused for a number of years you either find a coping mechanism or go under.
I never saw my transitioning as a path of endless misery.
As a carer for a severe depresive I was taught that when you get angry go out a kick something of find a quiet place and scream.Also if you don't laugh you will end up even more depressed than the person you are caring for.
At 63 I am a lot nearer the grave than birth so it is time to take life a little less seriously.
That's one of the reasons I like Loris,we laugh.
She had better not do it to often though or she to will get a visit from the tranny police.

1 comment:

* said...

Endorphin release is a wonderful thing. Why on earth would anyone want begrudge us that?

I am a giggler, when I'm relaxed and happy I giggle quite a lot and at the silliest of things; so long as it's at no-ones expense why not?

After our last phone call Paula just rolled her eyes and muttered the question 'Jules?....thought so"muttered something else and toddled off shaking her head and laughing. Please don't let them dictate Jules.