Sunday 15 March 2009

Respite

I dropped Geraldine off to respite yesterday.
A strange rest of the day for me as I charged round the house clearing up the massive backlog of little jobs,however I kept waiting for the call of "Julia".
Geraldine phoned me yesterday evening and this morning and she is getting on fine,which has put my mind at rest.If she can get back monday feeling just a little more independant that will be great for her.
It has also given me a little constructive thinking time as to my future.
Geraldine and a few close friends accept me as I am now and I am comfortable the way I am. Sure joe public,on close inspection,are going to see that I am trans but so what,It's my life.
Surgery will never be for me as I am responsible for G and daren't take the risk.Even hormones,if they don't suit me I won't take them.Easy as.
In the muggle world there is pressure to be just like everybody else and unfortunately in the trans world a pressure to conform to a pattern just to "fit in"
I am Julia,a "one off" and happy to remain that way.
A little p.s
Just got my posh business suit out for tuesdays meeting and tried it on.Don't scrub up bad for an old 'un and the legs are still holding out!

2 comments:

* said...

A nice positive post Jules.
"and unfortunately in the trans world a pressure to conform to a pattern just to fit in"
Yes, yes and thrice yes. It's pretty well a source of much of my own discomfort and is a factor under-represented in discussions on the forum. I guess, by its nature, a forum, being a meeting place for like-minded is not the best place to seek consensus for those of us who believe ourselves to be different even from the one's who believe themselves to be different.

* said...

by the way....
knock 'em dead on Tuesday