Wednesday 4 March 2009

Needed

Following my meeting with the diversity people yesterday another interesting thing happened today which got me thinking.
Jean(my tutor) was delayed for half an hour today which made the course into a bit of a scramble and another person joining didn't help matters timewise.
So as I had done part of the course before I went round helping the girls out with their paperwork.At the end of the day Jean thanked me for helping,without being asked to.
Said to her today that I just got a buzz out of it and she suggested I was a natural and should go into adult education as a classroom volunteer helper.
Now as to the buzz.It has been pointed out on more than one occasion that those with the most baggage have the greatest need to help others and with me helping is a need.
I simply need to be needed.
I like helping where I can but the very fact that I am getting something out of it makes me feel selfish.Get this one sorted out in my head and I may actually feel fulfilled.

1 comment:

* said...

wanna join me on the next long ship to Valhala (sorry I've already ordered Jimi Hendrix as accompanying music for the journey)?

It could all turn out very nice for you Jules - fingers crossed, I really hope so.
L x