Thursday 19 March 2009

Assumptions

My visit to the NHS person vounteering my services for diversity matters did not go well.
It was considered that the best role for me was locked away in a small room with a committee who were all very,very pc.
I queried this yesterday with the lady who had arranged the introduction and her viewpoint was that the move was made to protect me.Their viewpoint was that if the public decided to have a go at me I could get hurt and upset.
The point is that they assumed.
This morning I had a call from the respite worker who said that she could not come today.Half an hours notice!!!!.She will be on holiday next week which means no respite for a fortnight.This time is booked up for me for important appointments dealing with both my wife's and my health.As she put the phone down she said "that will be ok with you,won't it Julia?".
Again she assumed.
To a large percentage of the public transsexuals are seen as prancing around in stilletos and frilly knickers.They may be right about some but they have no right to assume that I do.
I BLOODY WELL GIVE UP

No comments: